Thursday, March 4, 2010

An interesting side effect

Well, we're gluten-free now. After my initial devastation at realizing I can't really go out for asian food, I'm doing okay. I've already attempted GF cookies (I wasn't pleased with the result, but Alex liked them) and GF buttermilk biscuits (which are awesome).

We're still mostly dairy-free, at least I am, but it's by choice now. The fact that I lost 3.5 lbs in February without eating dairy was really a wake up call.

But here's an interesting side effect. I buy one latte a week from Starbucks (on Thursdays, which are my long days) and this week I got it with non-fat milk since I didn't want to pay extra for soy milk. Upon drinking it, however, I realized I felt guilty. I have no reason for feeling guilty, but I definitely do. I suppose that means that next week I'll get a soy latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment