Monday, May 3, 2010

Hiatus

You'll notice I haven't posted about what the May challenge is. That's because there isn't one.

Alex and I are tired. Planning a different style of meals each month is difficult, particularly if your kitchen isn't equipped for that lifestyle.

This experiment has definitely changed the way I think about the food I eat. But I needed a break from this because my relationship with the food I was cooking was deteriorating. I love to cook, and part of the reason why I love it is because it gives me freedom to explore. Being restrained took the fun out of it for me.

Alex needed a break because he was just tired of the changing diet each month.

I don't know if we'll pick this project back up. Definitely not in May or June. Maybe July, but I don't know for certain. And in the fall, I'm starting graduate school (in addition to working) so my time is going to be limited enough without having to figure out a different way of eating.

So we'll see. For now, we're taking a hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment